MaddaWalabu University (MWU) is one of public universities of the country in Ethiopia, is named after the place called ‘MaddaWalabu’, which is the original homeland (cradle land) of the Oromos, the largest ethnic group in the country. This place is located at the south eastern part of the Ethiopian highlands in southernmost tip of Bale Zone at the distance of 640 km from Addis Ababa, the capital city of the country, Ethiopia and 227 km from the Robe town, where the main campus of Madda Walabu University is found. Being located in the south eastern part of Oromia, the University is designed to be a center of learning and research. To these end there are a wide range of academic programs and administrative offices to meet the growing demand of trained manpower of the country. Among those, MaddaWalabu University External and public relation directorate is the one. Currently, the External and Public relations Directorate is overseeing by the Madda walabu university President Office.
To wind up here,MWU External and Public Relations directorate as its vision to build an effective team with relevant skills, to create and maintain a climate of trust and positive attitude at MaddaWalabu University through an honest and effective communication with the internal and External public and thereby improving MaddaWalabu University’s image by promoting and facilitating transformative flow of information that would potentially maintain a good reputations and excellence of the University.
The External and Public Relations Directorate’s mission is also to promote, enhance and develop a favorable image of MaddaWalabu University and expertise to all its stakeholders by utilizing and developing internal and external communication through different media outlets nationally and internationally.
The External and public relations directorate seeks to achieve its mission and vision by meeting the following interrelated objectives:
- To present the success stories and best practices of the University for the Publics in a way that achieves favorable communal image.
- To develop connections, partnerships and mutual understanding with outside communities, groups and organizations
- Manage and provide services including publicities, photography, graphic design, etc. to the University community and make a pool of audio visual resources and conference management tools to enable efficient delivery of such services.
- To establish a line that enables the university to communicate directly with key audiences;
- To support and promote positive communications within the university and partners from internal stakeholders in the state of mutual benefit
- To arrange or support ceremonial, educational and other events, activities and opportunities that build relationships and are relevant to the University’s mission;
- Communicate the goals, objectives, priorities and performance of the University to the public using electronic mass media, social media, publications, websites, telegram and etc .
Degefa Dadi – Director
Phone Number :- +251 222441361
E-mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Official E-mail :- email@example.com